Do you suffer from Dry Skin in a Tropical Climate?
Yes, it is possible. At Indochine Natural we have many customers in Malaysia reporting dry, irritated skin. They complain of tightness after washing. Itchy skin is a common issue.
These days in tropical countries air conditioning is common. Firstly, it is found at work in the office, and at home. Secondly, many sleep in air-conditioned rooms. Therefore, it is less humid and cooler than outside. As a result, this can play havoc on your skin, and in sensitive individuals cause irritation and dryness. This can be a cause of issues in a tropical climate.
The solution for dry skin in a tropical climate
There are a few things I can recommend. Non is a guaranteed cure-all but may help reduce drying and irritation.
(1) When bathing and drying off, avoid vigorous rubbing. This may aggravate, leading to irritation and drying. Gentle patting is the way to go.
(2) Limit the use of sunscreens.
(3) Avoid products containing denatured alcohol. This substance causes irritation and drying.
(4) Consider the texture of products. If you need to rub in a lotion, the rubbing motion may cause irritation. This is why I recommend oils. They are light, easily spread, and readily absorbed.
(6) Study the product ingredients list. Individual ingredients may cause irritation. For example, preservatives often cause irritation. Another culprit is the allergens found in essential oils.
(7) Consider food as a potential skin irritant. If you suspect a particular food, try eliminating it from your diet for two weeks. Diet can often aggravate dry skin.
(8) Reduce the number of products you use on your skin. Each product applied to your skin or hair is a potential irritant. It, therefore, makes sense to reduce the number. Choose simple, effective products. Avoid those containing synthetics.
I hope the above points are helpful. You may want to consider our organic face oil. If you have any personal tips, please put them in the “Speak Your Mind” section below.
Questions? Reach out and ask.
Become an Indochine Natural insider. Click the newsletter icon on our homepage to get a 20% discount on your first online purchase.